Monday, April 11, 2011

A dream of 'you'

   I had a dream about you last night. It is the third one I’ve had.  In the dream, we were walking through the woods, you held my hand the way a real man should.  In a way that leads me, but does not control me, that protects me, but doesn’t crush me.  It is strange how dark it is in dreams with you, yet I do not associate you with night or anything dark.  Perhaps it is my subconscious telling me that this is forbidden.  That I should not be dreaming of you, thinking about you or wondering what kind of kiss your lips possess.  We came upon an old house.  The windows were still in tact, the paint was fresh and yet there was no sign of life inside the house.  You took a seat on the front steps of the porch and playfully tugged me to your side.  I leaned on your legs and it was as if the weight of the world had flown away.  I have not known you very long and I shouldn’t be that comfortable with you, but I am and in my dream I sense that there is a deep connection growing between us.  One that does not need to be discussed or analyzed but is content to let itself evolve.  We talked about life, although I cannot recall what specifically, but I do remember your eyes.  They were piercing even through the cold dark of our surroundings.  
     You suddenly lit a joint and took a long hard hit.  The smoke billowed out of your mouth, enticing me and filling my mind with curious thoughts.  We passed it back and forth for what seemed like hours, although time does seem to alter itself when in the presence of Mary Jane.  We laid on the porch and looked up at the stars.  It became quiet, and I felt my body melting into the wooden planks.  There is nothing more calming than sitting in silence with someone and feeling completely at ease because you know the other person feels the same.  You rolled over onto your stomach and looked down at me and I suddenly felt tingles run down my entire body.  The world around us was a blur and as you moved in closer I closed my eyes. 
     Your lips touched mine gently and I could not control myself.  I wanted to yell for you to stop, to push you away, because I knew we shouldn’t be doing this, but everything in me said otherwise.  I kissed you back and it was warm and inviting, just as I had imagined it would be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment